Below are our Scanning and Digitizing Terms, please read them carefully and make sure you understand BEFORE YOU SEND ANYTHING TO US.
Throughout this agreement, the terms “We”, “Us”, “Our” or "Dr. Hug, Inc." refer to Dr. Hug, Inc., our owners, subsidiaries, partners, directors, officers, employees, interns, affiliates, associates, agents, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, service providers or licensors.
Throughout this agreement, the term "Content" refers to any tangible media, photograph, print, slide, film, negative, image, document or anything else submitted to Dr. Hug, Inc.
Any Content submitted by You to Dr. Hug, Inc., for any purpose, constitutes an AGREEMENT, between You and Dr. Hug, Inc. Below are the terms of the agreement.
Shipping and Loss of Original Content
We will do our best to be gentle and caring with the photos and other materials you send us and we will take every precaution with your items to insure their safety. Unfortunately, errors can still happen.
- You understand and agree that the submission of any Content to Dr. Hug, Inc., for any purpose, such as digitizing or scanning, is done at YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK and is SOLEY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY.
- There is always the risk of damage or loss when shipping or mailing anything, no matter which courier is chosen (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). Items lost or damaged while in transit are the responsibility of the courier's company and are subject to that company's terms and conditions. Since We have no control of the Content while it's being transported to and from Us, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DR. HUG, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONTENT THAT HAS BEEN LOST, DAMAGED, STOLEN, DELAYED OR MISDIRECTED WHILE NOT IN OUR POSSESSION. We understand that your photos are worth a lot to you. Unfortunately, your photos are worth very little to couriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx and etc.). That is why insuring your package doesn't help much. When returning the Content to You, We use shipping methods which require a signature for delivery (better tracking). We strongly recommend You do the same when shipping your Content to Us. See our Packing Recommendations.
- Your Content could get damaged or lost while being transported. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DR. HUG, INC. OFFERS NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE AGAINST DAMAGE OR LOSS WHILE YOUR CONTENT IS IN TRANSIT OR IS NOT IN OUR POSSESSION.
Limited Remedy for Damage or Loss of Your Content
- You understand and agree that any damage or loss by Us while the Content is in Our possession, even though due to Our negligence or fault, will entitle You only to the sole and complete remedy of $0.50 (fifty cents) per item or $100, whichever is less. The foregoing will be the exclusive remedy for any such loss. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE REMEDY IS REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE and is not a penalty. Except for such remedy, the acceptance of the Content is WITHOUT OTHER GUARANTEE, WARRANTY OR LIABLILITY, expressed or implied, and recovery for any incidental or consequential damages are excluded. See Terms of Service.
- You understand and agree that the value of your Content (photographic materials) is no more than the remedy states above.
Copyright Infringement and Liability
You understand and agree that NO CONTENT YOU SUBMITTED TO DR. HUG, INC. VIOLATES ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS and you are authorizing Us to make digital file copies of any and all of the Content you have sent Us and represent and warrant the following:
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH THE COPYRIGHT LAWS; and
- You are the legal copyright owner of the Content; and/or
- You have obtained the required legal permission from the copyright owner of the Content; and/or
- You will be using the digital file copies of the Content, you receive from Us, for PERSONAL ARCHIVAL USE ONLY and YOU WILL NOT print, duplicate, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, display, post on the internet, use for commercial purposes or use any other way; and
- Dr. Hug, Inc. is not responsible for verifying your copyright law compliance and is not responsible or liable for any misuse of copyrighted materials by You and furthermore You hold Dr. Hug, Inc. free from any lawsuits or criminal violations.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dr. Hug, Inc. from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
Content and Restrictions
We reserve the right to DENY creating digital file copies of any Content for any reason.
We WILL NOT create digital file copies of anything we consider inappropriate, offensive, abusive, threatening, hateful, violent, obscene, contains nudity, pornographic (including child erotica), libelous or otherwise violate any law or the rights of a third party.
The prices for products and services in your order will be honored for 30 days after the order is placed. If we do not receive your content within the 30 day period, the prices may increase.
You understand and agree that we may need to cut your negatives to properly fit them into our scanning equipment.
We do not warrant or guarantee that the turnaround times stated on this website, or communicated another way, will be met. Delays can happen, but we will always try to meet or exceed the turnaround times.
You understand and agree that:
- The "Return Shipping and Handling Estimate" (Return S-H Estimate) that you pay when you place your order is a generic estimate of the shipping and handling costs to ship your content and products to You. If the actual shipping and handling costs are less than you paid, the overage will be deducted from your order balance. If the shipping and handling costs are more than you paid, You are responsible for payment and it will be added to your final invoice.
- You are responsible to pay for each and every item scanned.
- You are responsible to pay for all costs to ship Content to Us.
- You are responsible to pay for all costs for Us to ship Content and products to You.
- You are responsible to pay for any changes or additions to your order.
- When Our services are complete, You will receive an email from Dr. Hug, Inc. with an invoice for the balance owed and a link for payment.
- Before We ship and/or send any Content or any products to You, You will pay Us in Full for all services, products and costs owed to Us.
- You are responsible for paying any taxes that may apply.
If an order is placed accidentally, please contact Us immediately so We can cancel it.
There are no refunds unless:
- You overpaid when You placed the order. In this case, We will refund any amount received in excess of the final invoice total.
- You cancel Your order before We begin Our services. In this case, We will refund the amount paid less any shipping and handling costs, if applicable.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Terms are subject to change without notice.
Also read our
Terms of Service